Sunday, October 30, 2011

Carving Pumpkins is too messy!

While I love pumpkin seeds as much as the next person, I get enough seeds from my Sugar Pumpkins I use for pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread.  So last year (didn't have time for pumpkins this year) I decided that I wanted to do something different with my pumpkin!  So here's something you could try either next Halloween or a gourd for Christmas!

When I made this, I was pretty much winging it, but I think it looks really unique and unlike any pumpkin you'll find.  How did I make it?  Well, first you need spray paint and a printed image of what you want! I went with a skull since my spray paint collection isn't as large as I'd like!

I spray painted the entire pumpkin in the silver (you are welcome to change the colors and image) and let dry.  I cut out the skull and held on to the paper that it was cut from!  SAVE THAT SCRAP PAPER!  Next, tape (masking or blue tape) the scrap paper that has the outline of the skull to the pumpkin, making sure the outline is as flat to the pumpkin as possible.

Spray paint within the shaped cutout carefully so there isn't too much extra sneaking behind the paper.  Let dry, take off the paper and you're almost done!  The tape will take some of the silver paint off, so some orange will show through, but it's okay!

Take a sharpie and define the outline and the details within!

What are some other creative ways you've decorated pumpkins without carving??

No comments:

Post a Comment