Monday, November 7, 2011

Books, books, books!

One of the things I'm most excited about owning a house, is that I can finally have an amazing bookcase display/library. I love to read and I hate to get rid of amazing books.

I think that color coding book spines is gorgeous, but there are many other ways to beautifully display your books. Don't agree? See below!

The colorful back will make anything you put on those shelves catch the eye!

Most of the bookcase displays shown have white bookcases, but for a darker room or for higher contrast, the dark wood, a black or charcoal color would be a powerful statement!



The charcoal behind makes the clean white pitchers pop out and each curve stands out!

This one takes a different approach by having bold, solid, painted sections of the bookcase with the pages of white showing out.

This bookcase is probably the focal point of them room, but it doesn't overpower the color that the books bring to the room!

Until then, I will stick with my apple green 4.5' tall bookcase with semi-color coordinated book organization. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment